Individuals, couples, and families seek out support for many reasons—conflict, stress, internal struggle, uncertainty, and feeling stuck in their relationships or in their lives.
Do you feel dissatisfied with your life? Is there a lot of conflict in your relationships?
Are you recovering from Childhood Trauma or PTSD?
Do you and your partner keep getting into the same fights over and over again?
Are you having trouble with your teenage child? Are they using substances? Are you worried about their choices?
Did you not receive the parenting you needed and are not sure how to give your child something you never had?
I work with:
- Adolescent and Adult individuals who struggle with anxiety, depression, self-hatred, eating disorders, substance use/addiction, relationship distress, transition, parenting support, and unresolved trauma
- Couples who want to fight less and have more trust, intimacy, and connection.
- People who love people who are struggling with addiction/alcohol use (parents/children/spouses).
- Adolescents and their families who want to fight less and improve trust, communication, and connection
- Adolescents or adults wanting support with acculturation and multi- or bicultural identity exploration.
- Separating and divorcing couples who want to move past what did not work about their marriage to create a strong co-parenting relationship to better support their children.
My approach is warm, transparent, direct, and attachment- and trauma-informed. I have a multicultural identity and work from a culturally sensitive and client centered approach that is informed by Intersectionality and Social Justice perspectives.
For couples, I help partners better understand their own and their partners reactivity, triggers, and wounds that underlie conflict and heal them together, leading to more intimacy and connectedness. I really enjoy working with BIPOC couples and multiracial/multiethnic couples and also have experience working with parenting challenges, high conflict, infidelity, substance use, eating disorders, and personality disorders within a couple’s context.
Eye Movement and Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR), Emotion Focused Couples and Family Therapy (EFT), Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Multidimensional Family Therapy, working with those who struggle with alcohol or drugs, codependency, relationship and sex addiction, and working with Eating Disorders, emotional eating and restricting, and body image concerns.
Mindfulness based Substance Abuse Counseling for Adolescents and Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy